In iOS 14, users have more control over their Apple devices. In this article, I will discuss, regarding location data with shared apps. Here you will also find the method to use precise and accurate location on iPhone or iPad. In iOS 14 many privacy-related features were added to the iPhone or iPad.
This privacy concern feature allows the user to send approximate or precise location data Via iPhone or iPad. Moreover, the user can also set approximate or precise locations for different applications. Before the iOS 14 launch, iPhone users have the option to share their location all the time or with some application.
Now Apple has taken a step further in protecting their user’s privacy. Furthermore, some app like food delivery, GPS Maps, or Navigation requires precise location data to function properly. However, some apps require location but they don’t need your precise location data. So for those apps, you can change the precise location to approximate location.
How To Use Precise And Accurate Location On iPhone – iOS 14
First of all, make sure that your Apple device is running on iOS 14 or iPad OS 14 or later. Because this feature is not available in any previous version of iOS and iPad OS. Now follow the step given below to use precise and accurate location on iPhone or iPad.
- Open the Settings app. (iPhone & iPad)
- Scroll down and select “Privacy” which is located right under the “Battery” option.
- Now select “location Services” that is at the top of this menu.
- Here you will have to option to adjust the location services on a per-app basis.
- In this menu, look for the application that you want to change the location settings.
- Tap on the application for more settings options.
- Here you will find the option labeled as “Precise Location”
- Use the toggle to enable or disable precise location.
Moreover, you can also enable precise location with-in any application. When the app asks you for the location permission Via pop up. From there you can enable the precise location as well.
Disclaimer: The precise location is activated by default for those applications that have location access enabled by default. Furthermore, if you want to add more privacy then you can go through the entire list and change the location data settings for each application.
If you need more assistance, you can comment down below regarding your issue, and we will get back to you ASAP.
Thanks for being a part of iOSFY viewers.