Do you Google Maps as your primary navigation app instead of Apple’s official Maps app? If yes! then there is a security feature that you will love to know about. Do you know you can use Google Maps in Incognito mode on iPhone or iPad?
You will be very excited to know that you can also use Google Maps in Incognito mode. This Incognito mode can help you in making Google Maps more private. Most of us already know about the incognito mode in Google chrome browser and many other applications.
The incognito mode offered by google maps has the same functions as on other web browsers. Using Google Maps in Incognito mode on iPhone or iPad will allow you to search privately for places and navigate privately. Moreover, none of your data will be saved in your Google account.
If you are a privacy and security freak, then you will love this amazing feature. Before we start with the procedure, make sure that you are using the latest version of Google Maps available in the Apple App Store. Without taking much of your time, here are all the steps that you have to follow.
How To Use Google Maps In Incognito Mode On iPhone & iPad
To use Google Maps in Incognito mode and to navigate privately, follow the steps given below. These steps are pretty straightforward and you can easily perform them on your iPhone or iPad with no hassle.
- Open the Google Maps App on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the Profile icon next to the search bar.
- If there is no Profile icon, then it means that you have not logged in with your Google Account.
- Make sure that you have logged in to your Google Account.
- Moreover, to use this feature you have to Log in to your Google Account in Google Maps app.
- The Google Maps app will prompt and show you some settings.
- In this menu, select “Turn On Incognito Mode” which is the first option in this menu.
- A pop-up will appear from the bottom of the screen.
- This pop-up will explain a brief description of the incognito mode.
- Tap on the Close Button and start searching and navigating privately.
This is how you can easily use Google Maps in Incognito mode on iPhone or iPad. Moreover, the same procedure can be performed on Android devices. However, once you enable incognito mode in Google Maps, your search history will not be saved, and the place you navigated to will not be synced to your Google account.
If you are concerned about your privacy and security, then you might want to set-up auto-deletion. This feature is also located within Google Maps and can remove your search history now and then. Moreover, you can also turn off Location History to stop Google from keeping a record of the places you have visited so far.
If you need more assistance, you can comment down below regarding your issue, and we will get back to you ASAP.
Thanks for being a part of iOSFY viewers.