Are you a user of Signal – Private Messenger? Do you want to increase the security and privacy of your Signal Messenger? By enabling Disappearing Messages in Signal App, you can add additional security to your conversations. This feature is similar to the Snapchat disappearing chats. However, it is more customizable in the Signal app.
The Signal Disappearing messages feature causes the Signal app to automatically disappear or remove messages after a specific time. The Signal Disappearing messages feature is fully customizable, and you can easily set it to specific contacts. Moreover, you can also enable and disable this feature at any time.
The Signal Messenger is quite popular due to its free and secure messaging and calling services. Moreover, this app provides communication privacy by using end-to-end encryption. And, is also available for multiple platforms like Android, iOS, Mac OS, Windows, and Linux. We can say that it is a cross-platform app.
The Signal Messenger requires a phone number to set up. So, you have to configure the Signal app on your iPhone or iPad or an Android device. Then you can easily set up the Mac client or use it on any other PC operating system. Now follow the given method to setup Disappearing Messages in Signal App on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
How To Use Disappearing Messages In Signal App (iPhone or iPad)
- Open the Signal Messenger app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Now open the conversation that you want to set with Disappearing Messages.
- Tap on the Contact name or the settings option on the screen.
- In this menu, look for the Disappearing Messages option.
- Click on it and toggle the switch to activate the Disappearing Messages feature.
- Adjust the “Set messages to disappear after” by sliding the times.
- Here will have multiple options to select the chat times.
- You can choose from 5 seconds to 1 week.
This is how you can set Disappearing Messages in Signal App. Now click on the back option and set the Disappearing Messages for other contacts, if you want to. Moreover, this feature will apply to both sender and the receiver. This feature will remove messages when the other person has seen or open the message.
Use Disappearing Messages In Signal Client (Mac, Windows, and Linux)
If you are using the Signal Client on your PC. Then you will find that enabling Disappearing Messages is slightly different from the mobile app. This is due to the location of the settings button in the Signal Client. Moreover, this method is similar for Mac, Windows, and Linux platforms.
- Open Signal Messengr on PC.
- Now open the message thread on which you want to apply the Disappearing Messages feature.
- Tap on the Settings button shown on the top right corner of the screen.
- Now tap on the Disappearing Messages option.
- A times menu will open. Select the time for Disappearing Messages.
The changes in the setting will take effect immediately. Moreover, this change will automatically be-synced across all of the devices.
If you need more assistance, then you can comment down below regarding your issue, and we will get back to you ASAP.
Thanks for being a part of iOSFY viewers.