Do you have music on your Windows Desktop or laptop? In this article, I am going to tell you how you can transfer music from a Windows device to iPhone. Most of the iPhones, iPad, and iPod users don’t have a subscription to Apple Music or use the iCloud music library to manage their music on their device.
To transfer music from Windows device to iPhones, iPad, or iPod you have to use iTunes on your Windows PC. Apple iTunes is a media library and device management utility software for Windows and old Mac devices. Using iTunes is a classic method, this software was previously used for doing all sorts of work related to iPhones, iPads, and iPods.
Using the iTunes software you can not only transfer music. However, this application was previously used by most Apple product users to sync data and apps. Moreover, iTunes was also used to backup and restore data to Apple devices. Here is how you can use iTunes to transfer music from a Windows device to iPhone, iPads, and iPods.
Transfer Music From A Windows Device To iPhone
First of all, make sure that you are using the latest iTunes software on your Windows device. Moreover, also make sure that your Apple device is also running the latest IOS or iPad OS. This will prevent any connectivity issues between iTunes and your Apple device. Now follow the following method to easily transfer music.
- Open the iTunes app on your Windows device.
- Click on the “File” button shows on the top left corner of the iTunes screen.
- From the drop-down menu select “Add Folder To Library”.
- This will open the Windows search menu. Now search the local or external storage and select the folder that contains the music which you want to move to your Apple device.
- if you want to add a small amount of music file then you can use the drag-n-drop method to add music.
- Now connect your Apple device to your Windows PC, using the USB-A to lightning/USB-C cable.
- Now click on the small iPhone icon shown in the toolbar.
- Click on the “Sync” button shown at the bottom right of the screen.
- The sync process will take a few minutes to complete. You can see the sync progress from the top of the iTunes screen.
Many third-party applications can perform the same task. However, iTunes is the official Apple software for transfer data. To transfer one or two music files you can use the drag-n-drop method. However, you have to disable the iCloud music library before you could use this feature.
If you need more assistance then you can comment down below regarding your issue and we will get back to you ASAP.
Thanks for being a part of iOSFY viewers.