Apple Watch is an advanced piece of tech that is offering thousands of features and functions. Apple Watch is basically a mini-computer on the user’s wrist. In this article, I am going to be telling you guys about the method that you can follow to send and receive messages on Apple Watch.
If you are already not using this feature then you are missing out big time. With every new model of the Apple Watch, the developers of the Apple Watch are working on new and improved hardware and software. Moreover, Sending and receiving Text Messages is the basis and the original feature of the Apple Watch. Since it was released on 9th September 2014.
Being able to read messages from your wrist without having to takeout your iPhone from your pocket is a beautiful feeling with a modern touch. Even if you don’t have your iPhone with you, then you can use the Apple Watch to send and read iMessage directly from your Apple Watch. However, the Apple Watch requires WiFi or cellular connectivity.
Most people are addicted to carrying their mobile devices in their hands. If you are using the Apple Watch to the fullest then you won’t have to carry your iPhone in your hands all of the time. Here are some of the most common Messaging tasks that you can perform directly from your Apple Watch.
How To Send And Receive Messages On Apple Watch
If your Apple Watch is connected to your iPhone, So whenever you receive a message on your iPhone it will always pop a notification on the Apple Watch. However, if your iPhone is not in the ideal position then the notification will not pop on the Apple Watch.
Read Messages On Apple Watch
You can tap on the message notification on the Apple Watch to read the message you just received on your iPhone. Moreover, you can read all of the messages that you have received on your iPhone regardless of the receiving time. Here is how you can do it.
- Press the Digital Crows button on the side of the Apple Watch.
- From the menu of the application, select the Messaging app.
- Now tap on the message that you want to read.
- All of the unread messages will have a blue dot beside them.
Replying To Messages
You can also instantly reply to any message by scrolling down to the bottom of the messaging thread. From here you can tap on one of the preferred opinions for quick replies. You can only send one message from the quick reply options at a time.
Moreover, you can also send emojis as a reply. Just tap on the blue circle with an emoji face to access all of the emojis. Now select the emoji and tap on the send button. You can also send voice messages as a reply if you want, To send voice messages you have to tap on the blue circle with the microphone picture inside of it.
Moreover, you can also use the scribble to write the message you want to send. Just tap on the scribble button and draw the message that you want to send. The method takes some time and you may get frustrated on the first try. However, you can save as many quick replies as you want to save.
Create And Send New Message From The Apple Watch
There are two methods that you can use to sending new messages directly from your Apple Watch.
- Ask Siri to send a message to the given contact.
- Manually send messages using the Messaging App.
If you are in an environment where you can ask Siri then you can give the following command.
- Activate Siri by using one of the following commands “Hey Siri” or “Raise your Apple Watch”.
- Now say [Send a message to “Receiver Contact or phone number”].
- Now the contact will prompt on the Apple Watch screen. If the contact is accurate then select it.
- Now speak the message that you want to send or you can use the quick response options or emojis.
Using The Messaging App
- Press the Digital Crown button and open the Messaging App on the Apple Watch.
- On the main messaging screen, press the screen firmly of the Apple Watch to activate Force Touch or Haptic Touch.
- A menu will appear, from here you can tap on the “New Text Message” option.
- Now tap on “Add Contact” to add the receiver number.
- Use voice controls to search for a contact.
- Speak the receiver’s contact number.
- Scroll the contacts to look for receiver contact information.
- Tap on the 3×3 grid option on the Apple Watch screen to manually type the contact number.
- Once you have selected the contact, Now you can tap on “Create Message”.
- Now tap on the Send button to send the message.
Use the method that I have explained above in the “Replying To Messages” for creating a new message.
If you need more assistance then you can comment down below regarding your issue and we will get back to you ASAP.
Thanks for being a part of iOSFY viewers.