Did you upgrade your apple watch for a newer model? Or maybe you have lost your old Apple Watch and purchased another Apple Watch. Maybe you just want to restore your Apple Watch. If yes! then you must be interested in learning the method to restore Apple Watch from backup.
Just like iPhones, iPad, and Mac the Apple Watch creates a backup in case you need it later. You can also use this data to set-up a new Apple Watch just like your previous Apple Watch and have all of the app’s data and themes ready for you just like your old Apple Watch.
Moreover, you actually don’t need to manually backup your data from an Apple Watch. The Apple Watch automatically does it for you whenever it is connected to a paired device. Furthermore, when you backup your iPhone which is paired with an Apple Watch. Then all of the Apple Watch data is also backed up.
Restore Apple Watch From Backup
Disclaimer: If your Apple Watch is already set-up then you won’t be able to manually restore the data. You will have to unpair your Apple Watch and then set-it up again.
Follow these steps to restore Apple Watch from backup
How To Unpair Apple Watch
- First of all, launch the Apple Watch app on the main iPhone or Apple device (The one which has the backup of your Apple Watch)
- When the Apple Watch app opens, you will be located in the “My Watch” section.
- Now, tap on the “All Watches” option located in the top left corner of the screen.
- In this menu, select the Apple Watch that you are currently using.
- Tap on the (i) icon shown next to the selected Apple Watch.
- Now tap on the “Unpair Apple Watch” option.
- A prompt will appear in front of you here you have to verify your Apple ID.
- Once you have entered the details then tap on the “unpair” option located at the top right corner of the screen.
Now the unpairing process will take two to three minutes. This is how you can unpair your Apple Watch from the connected device. Follow the next method to restore Apple Watch from backup.
How To Pair Apple Watch And Restore its Backup
The Apple Watch app will show you the pairing screen. You can easily tap on the “Start pairing” option to par with the Apple Watch that you recently have unpaired. Follow this method to pair and restore data from back-up.
- Tap on the “Start Pairing” option.
- Instead of setting up your Watch as a new Apple Watch, You have to select the backup.
- Select the backup that you want to restore to your Apple Watch and tap on the “Continue” button.
The setting up process may consume a little time maybe two to three minutes depending on the size of the backup. This is the easiest method to Restore Apple Watch From Backup. However, there are some more methods to restore backup but they are not as quite easy as the above-said method.
Also Read: Disable Auto-Updates For Apple Watch.
Also Read: Send And Receive Messages On Apple Watch.
If you need more assistance then you can comment down below regarding your issue and we will get back to you ASAP.
Thanks for being a part of iOSFY viewers.