Do you use headphones for listening to music, watching movies, or taking calls on your iPhone? If yes! then you can protect your hearing while using headphones. You can now easily monitor the headphone’s audio levels directly from your iPhone without installing or using any third-party application.
The above-said feature is newly introduced to the Apple’s Health App on iPhone and iPad. The latest version of the Apple’s Health App allows you to monitor the audio levels and sound levels from your surroundings. Using this feature you can protect your hearing by providing vital data.
This feature records important data that help’s in protecting your hearing. Some of the important information that is collected by this application are 1) How Long have you been exposed to loud sounds? 2) How often are you exposed to loud sounds? Moreover, if you are exposed to sounds ranging more than 80 decibels then it is generally considered as a loud sound.
If you want to learn more about the sound levels and audio levels that you have been exposed to. While you are listening to music or doing anything in which you have to use headphones. Then read this article till the end, moreover, you can also learn to protect your hearing with the help of this amazing new feature.
How To Protect Your Hearing While Using Headphones
First of all, make sure that you are running iOS 13 or later on your device. If you are using an older iPhone model like iPhone 6 plus or earlier then this feature might not be available on your device. Moreover, this feature can only work with specific headphones. I have tested this feature on wired EarPods and AirPods and the result was astonishing.
Now follow this method to protect your hearing while using headphones.
- Open the stock Health App on your iPhone.
- Tap on the “Browse” option located at the bottom right side of the screen.
- In this menu, select “Hearing”.
- The first option is labeled as “Headphones Audio Level”.
- This option is categorized as “Ok” or “Loud”.
- If you are exposed to long term sounds ranging above 80 decibels then it is considered as “Loud”.
- If the same sound is ranging less than 80 decibels then it is considered as “Ok”.
- Tap on the “Headphones Audio Level” option to view more detailed data.
- Here you will see the average noise level which is measured in decibels.
- You can tap on the “Exposure” option to see the results in a proper graph.
This is how you can monitor Audio Levels, Sound Levels, and noise levels. You can also scroll down more in the last menu to find more options that you can use to help your hearing. If you want to increase the sound level of your AirPods then read the article given below.
Also Read: How To Make AirPods Louder On IOS 14.
If you need more assistance then you can comment down below regarding your issue and we will get back to you ASAP.
Thanks for being a part of iOSFY viewers.