Are you looking for a way to lock your Telegram chats with additional security? Perhaps you don’t want your friends to access your Telegram chats. Most of our friends know the security passcode of our devices, so they can use our device for transferring data or even play games.
In this article, I will explain a method that you can use to add additional security to Lock Telegram on iPhone with Face ID or Touch ID. If you are worried that your friend may access your private Telegram chats then you can use this additional security feature to protect your data.
Telegram is one of the most secure messaging application available on the Apple App Store. This application is also protected by end-to-end encryption. However, if someone is using your device may be a friend or a relative then they easily open the app from your unlocked device.
Fortunately, the Telegram app offers a passcode lock feature. Using this feature you can easily set up a timer for locking the Telegram application. Moreover, you can even configure the Telegram app to use the Face ID or Touch ID instead of Passcode. Face ID or Touch D locking depends on the model of iPhone or iPad that you are using.
How To Lock Telegram On iPhone With Face ID Or Touch ID
The additional security feature on the Telegram application has been on the app for a long time. So, you don’t have to be n the latest version of Telegram to take advantage of it. Moreover, you can easily activate this feature directly from the application. Here is how you can easily activate additional security on the Telegram app.
- Launch the Telegram app on your iPhone or iPad.
- By default, this app will open in the “chat” section.
- From the bottom right corner of the screen open “Settings”.
- In the settings menu, look for “Privacy and Security” and open it.
- Now select “Passcode and Face ID”.
- For older iPhones and iPad, you will get the option of “Passcode and Touch ID”.
- If you have the latest iPhone SE 2 then you will get the option of “Touch ID”
- Tap on “Turn On Passcode” to being the setup process.
- You can select any passcode you like – Different from the Lock screen Passcode.
- Tap on the “Passcode option” to switch the passcode to a long password.
- Once you have set up the Passcode then you will get the option to activate “Face ID or Touch ID”.
- Tap on the “Auto-Lock” option to change the lock times from “immediately to one hour” depending on any duration you prefer.
This is how you can easily set up additional security features on the telegram app.
Moreover, there is one more thing that you have to keep in mind. That you can not use the Touch ID or Face Id feature without adding the Passcode or password. Furthermore, the Passcode is compulsory and will be used as a backup in case Face ID or Touch ID authentication fails.
However, if you are using this additional security feature then the app preview will also be blurred from the App Switcher. Unfortunately, this feature will not restrict the notifications shown in the notification bar. For that, you have to disable these notifications from your device settings. Here is how you can do it, Settings > Notifications > Telegram > Show Previews on your device.
If you need more assistance then you can comment down below regarding your issue and we will get back to you ASAP.
Thanks for being a part of iOSFY viewers