Apple is known to produce one of the most user-friendly yet secure everyday devices. With there iPhone being one of the most selling devices by Apple they try to remove all the loopholes. But sometimes the same measures make the life of the user a bit difficult. One of the similar issues that the iPhone user face is the “iPhone is Disabled” issues.
Me being an iPhone user can probably say it is one of the most annoying issues I faced while one of my friends entered the incorrect Password several times. The worse part is every time you put up the wrong password after the First “iPhone is Disabled” message, it will be disabled for even more time than before increasing from 1 minute to 5, 15, 60 minutes, and then for some hours. Finally, when you have entered the Password wrong for so many times, the iPhone will be disabled permanently.
Below are the number of incorrect password entries and the amount of time your iPhone is Disabled.
|Phase||Incorrect passcode entries in a row||“iPhone is disabled” – Duration|
|1||5||iPhone is disabled, try again in 1 minute|
|2||7||iPhone is disabled, try again in 5 minutes|
|3||8||iPhone is disabled, try again in 15 minutes|
|4||9||iPhone is disabled, try again in 60 minutes|
|5||10||iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes (or the iPhone wipes itself of all data if self-destruct mode is turned on)|
Now moving on to the Fix of How to Fix iPhone is Disabled issue. There are two simple methods you can follow to Fix the iPhone is Disabled screen message at your iPhone screen. One works by connecting it to iTunes and the other works without iTunes as well. Follow the methods given below as per your scenario and Fix your iPhone is Disabled screen With or Without Connecting to iTunes.
How to Fix iPhone is Disabled Without Connecting to iTunes.
If you don’t have access to the computer or don’t want to go through all that to unlock your iPhone then follow the steps given below and unlock your iPhone from the iPhone is Disabled screen.
- Make sure yo have enough battery on your iPhone.
- Try to remember your password and note it down on a nearby paper to avoid any mistake and locking your phone for even more time.
- Wait for the iPhone is Disabled screen to go and Select Enter Pin/Passcode option because your FingerPrint and FaceID won’t work now.
- Now, enter the Pin/Passcode carefully and make sure to get each letter correct (including the correct cases) that you used while setting the new passcode.
Now, enjoy using your iPhone again like before, and be sure to be more careful in the future. If the above method didn’t work for you then there is something wrong with your Passcode. Make sure to try once more otherwise go to the Method given below and Fix iPhone is Disabled using iTunes.
Make sure that you are not the last Phase i.e. Phase 5 as per table 1.1 below because at that point the iPhone won’t unlock without iTunes.
How to Fix iPhone is Disabled with iTunes.
This is the last but a bit time taking scenario where you have to connect your Mobile phone with the computer having iTunes installed and your account logged in. It’s a plus if you made a recent backup on the same computer as it will come in handy to recover all the information on your iPhone that is not backed up on iCloud. If you don’t have a recent backup on this or any advice then the only solution is to erase anything. When you erase everything with no backup on your computer, your iPhone will only recover the data that is backed up on iCloud.
Follow the steps given below and start the iPhone Recovery Process with iTunes.
- First of all, make sure you have a good cable to connect your iPhone and computer, and an active internet connection as well.
- Now, connect your iPhone to the computer and Launch the iTunes.
- Click on the Sync option in iTunes to start the syncing process. Make sure to enter the correct credentials including Passcodes to give complete access of your iPhone to iTunes.
- If you have a recent backup on this computer, select the restore option and after that select the most recent backup you had on the computer to start the process.
Make sure that you remember the correct credentials and details of the account you were using on iTunes. In case if you forgot the credentials and the Passcodes you were using on the iPhone you will never be able to recover it and the phone will wipe itself.
That’s all for How to Fix iPhone is Disabled With or Without Connecting to iTunes. Stay tuned with iOSfy for more similar Tutorials.