A guide that demonstrates ways to Hard Reset iPhone 12 Pro. You can perform a factory reset directly from your smartphone, even if you are willing to back up your files to iCloud. But in case of using iTunes to back up your files, then you’ll be required to connect your iPhone 12 Pro to a PC that has iTunes. And you can also factory reset iPhone 12 Pro through your computer.
What Happens After a Hard Reset?
A system reset and reboot are two different phenomenons. While rebooting your iPhone, there’ll be no data loss and your app settings will remain the same. But if you reset your iPhone, then all of the saved data will be erased and the third-party apps will be uninstalled as well. And you’ll sign out from your Apple account.
So before performing a hard reset, it is essential for you to create a backup. For that, you are allowed to use the services of iCloud or iTunes. So you can choose any method you like for creating a secure backup. However, please always connect your device to a fast working internet before creating a backup or restoring files.
How Do I Hard Reset iPhone 12 Pro?
Using iPhone 12 Pro
- Launch the Settings on iPhone 12 Pro from the app drawer.
- Navigate to General→Reset
- To perform a factory reset, tap once on Erase All Content and Settings
- Now you’ll be requested to create a backup, if you’ve done that before implying this method, then you just have to select Erase Now to move forward.
- Enter your password on iPhone 12 Pro and confirm your action.
Using PC or Mac
- On macOS Catalina or above, launch the Finder app. If you are using macOS Mojave or earlier version, then launch iTunes. Same implies to PC users, they need to open iTunes on Windows.
- Connect iPhone 12 Pro using a lightning cable. If you are connecting your iPhone 12 Pro to your PC for the first time, then you’ll have to add it to the list of your trusted devices. Once you do that, you’ll be prompted perspective interface.
- Disable Find My iPhone from your smartphone by navigating to Settings→Find My
- Navigate again to the iTunes interface and click on Restore iPhone
- To confirm your action, hit Restore
- The Apple logo will start to appear on your iPhone 12 Pro
- Meanwhile don’t interrupt the operation of hard resetting iPhone 12 Pro
That’s all, iOSFY appreciates your opinions on the published articles.