If you have purchased the latest Apple M1 silicon MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, or Mac mini. You might be wondering how to do a simple troubleshooting task! In this article, you will find a way to force restart Mac with the latest M1 Chipset. Since M1 Macs have a completely different chipset, so this process is slightly different from the previous chipset Macs.
Fortunately, Apple M1 powered Macs have a similar force restart or hard reboot technique as recent outgoing Intel models. However, not all people who got the latest Apple M1 silicon Mac are previous Mac users. You might be coming from an older Mac or Windows, or Linux platforms.
In this article, we will demonstrate every step to force restart Mac with the latest M1 Chipset. If you want to learn this method for every M1 power Mac then read this article till the end.
How To Force Restart Mac With The Latest M1 Chipset
How To Force Restart 13-inch M1 Powered MacBook Pro
Whether you are facing a frozen screen or any other minor issue then you can always use the force restart or force reboot option on your Mac systems. Here is how you can Force Restart Mac with the latest M1 Chipset.
- Press and hold the Power button of your Mac device.
- This button is also your Touch ID button.
- It is located on the right side of the Touch Bar.
- Wait for the screen of your Mac to turn black and then release the button.
- Now wait for a few seconds and then press and hold the same button.
- Wait for the Apple logo to appear and then release the button.
Once the Apple logo appears, this means that the system is successfully booting up.
Force Restart MacBook Air With Apple’s M1 Silicone Chipset
This process is identical to the 13-inch M1 powered MacBook Pro. Despite the MacBook Air does not have a Touch Bar. Moreover, as long as the MacBook Air is powered on, you can simply follow this method to remove any minor issues.
- Press and hold the Power Button/Touch ID until the screen turns completely black.
- Release the button and wait for about 2 to 3 seconds.
- Now again press and hold the Power Button/Touch ID until the Apple logo appears.
As the Apple logo appears release the Power Button/Touch ID Button. See this method is completely the same as the 13-inch M1 powered MacBook Pro.
How Force Restart Mac Mini With M1 Apple Silicone Chipset
To restart a Mac Mini With M1 Apple Silicone Chipset is a slightly different method. Here are all of the necessary steps that you have to take.
The power button on the Mac Mini With M1 Apple Silicone Chipset is located on the backside of the device next to the power input slot.
- Press and hold the power button until the screen goes black.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Now again press and hold the power button until you see the Apple logo.
- The Apple logo will appear on the screen connected to your Mac Mini device.
- As the Mac Mini device does not have a smaller display screen.
This is how you can Force restart Mac Mini With Apple M1 Silicone Chipset. Now you are good to go and enjoy using your Mac Mini device. Alternatively, you can also use the keyboard shortcut by pressing the Control => Command => Power buttons to force your Mac system to restart without being prompted to save the documents.
Disclaimer: Don’t use the Force Restart or Force Reboot method to quickly shut down your Mac system.
If you need more assistance, you can comment down below regarding your issue, and we will get back to you ASAP.
Thanks for being a part of iOSFY viewers.