Do you use GPS for traveling from one point to another point? Have you ever wonder about downloading Maps on your iPhone or iPad? In this article, I am going to tell you a method that you can use to download Google Maps for offline usage on iPhone or iPad.
This feature comes in handy when you don’t have enough internet data or you want to save your internet data in a long run. If you are traveling to a location where you know that the cellular service is not good or there is a chance that there will be no cellular service.
At that moment, you can take advantage of this amazing feature. And download the Map of that area so you can use it to find your way. Or in case you get lost, you will still have a map that you can use to get back to safety. Moreover, Apple has its own Maps known as Apple Maps.
These maps come pre-installed with every Apple device and are integrated into the system for optimal performance. However, Apple Maps does not offer any download feature. So you always have to stay online to use Apple Maps to the fullest. There are many scenarios in which the user can not stay online at every point. That is why Google Offline maps are extremely helpful in some scenarios.
Download Google Maps For Offline Usage On iPhone & iPad
Note: You can not download the entire world maps in one go. However, you can download an individual map of different areas that are approximately the size of a large city. So, now let’s get started.
- First of all, you have to download Google Maps For iPhone or iPad.
- Now launch the Google Maps apps on your device, and log in to your Google account on it.
- Tap on your Google Profile icon near the Google Maps search bar.
- A pop-up settings bar will open. In this menu, select “Offline Maps”.
- In this menu, Google Maps will show a recommended download of the map of the area you are in.
- You can also choose “Select Your Own Map”. To download the maps of your choice.
- Now the Map will open, Drag the mas to find the location that you want to download for offline usage.
- The area highlighted in the middle of the blue square will be downloaded.
- Try to fit as many areas as you can.
- Now tap on the download button to start the downloading process.
- The download will take some time.
- In the meantime, you can tap on the “Pencil” icon to rename the Offline map.
- Once the downloading process is complete. You will be able to find the download map in the “Offline Maps” Selection.
- If you want to delete or update the Offline Map then you can tap on the three dots icon to access those options.
This is how you can download Google Maps for offline usage on iPhone or iPad.
Now you will have an Offline Map that you can access at any time if you don’t have an internet connection. Moreover, you can repeat the above method to download as many maps as you like. However, these offline maps are only available for one year. After that, you have to download the map again.
Moreover, with Offline Maps, you can only get driving directions. These directions will not include information like traffic, alternate routes, and more. Furthermore, if you are walking or cycling then the directions will still not be available because you are not connected to the internet.
If you are not able to find the download options on your iPhone or iPad then maybe this feature is not available for you. Some countries have a restriction on their contracts, language support, address formats, and many other reasons.
If you need more assistance then you can comment down below regarding your issue and we will get back to you ASAP.
Thanks for being a part of iOSFY viewers.