Everyone loves to listen to music but currently, a lot of music and songs have explicit language. Apple Music subscribers are no different. In this article, I will explain how to disable Explicit Apple Music with Screen Time option. The screen time option is only used on iPhone and iPad. For macOS users, there is a slightly different method that does not require the screen time option.
Disabling Explicit Music on Apple Music will ensure that you always listen to the clean version of every song. This option is useful if your kid uses your Apple device. Or if your kids have their own Apple device and listen to music. Moreover, if your device has a family sharing set up, disabling the Explicit Music option will make sure no one hears Explicit music on any Apple device.
This means you and every person who is a part of Family Sharing will listen to the clean version of every song. Moreover, these settings are on a pre-device basis. If your child has access to an iPhone or iPad, these settings have to be changed individually on their Apple devices. Here are the steps that you need to follow. I will explain both methods for iPhone/iPad and Mac.
Disable Explicit Apple Music With Screen Time On iOS And iPadOS
Follow the method explained below to Disable Explicit Apple Music With Screen Time. The same procedure is performed on both iPhone and iPad.
- Open the Settings App on your iPhone or iPad
- Here look for the “Screen Time” option.
- If you are using your device then tap on “Content & Privacy Restrictions”
- If you are changing the setting on your child’s device, then “Tap on their name”
- A new screen will appear. Tap on “Content & Privacy Restrictions”
- Toggle the “Content & Privacy Restrictions” button to enable it.
- Now, tap on the ” Content Restriction” option.
- Tap on “Music, Podcast, and News”
- The “Explicit” option is selected by default.
- Now tap on “Clean” to select it.
This how you can disable Explicit Apple Music with Screen Time.
How To Disable Explicit Music On Mac
On a Mac device, make sure that you are running on macOS Catalina 10.15 or later. Moreover, disabling Explicit Music can be done from the “Music” app on Mac devices. Here is what you need to do.
- Select “Music” from the menu bar that is at the top of your Mac screen.
- Now, Tap on “Preferences”
- A new menu screen will open select “Restrictions” from the top of this screen.
- Look for the “Restrict:” option.
- Check the “Music with explicit content” option.
- A “Confirmation screen” will be prompted.
- You might have to enter the password of your device.
This is how you can Disable Explicit Apple Music on macOS devices.
Once you have Disable Explicit Apple Music. Not only the music will be clean, but the lyrics show with the songs will also be clean. Moreover, using the Screen time option you can add many restrictions like “blocking Websites” to “Setting App Timer”
If you need more assistance, then you can comment down below regarding your issue. And we will get back to you ASAP.
Thanks for being a part of iOSFY viewers.