Many users are switching Social Messaging applications due to security concerns. Many people are joining the Signal – Private Messenger, considering that you have recently joined the Signal app. In this article, I will guide you on How To Create a Signal Group and Signal Group Link on iPhone.
If you are switching from WhatsApp Messenger, then creating a group chat might be familiar. However, if you are an iMessage user, then it might be slightly difficult for you because the groups made on the Signal app has an optional group invitation link.
For adding new people to the group, the group invitation link is used. This feature releases the group admin from adding new people to the group. If any user wants to join the group, then he or she may use the link to going the group themself.
We are here to release all of the confusion you have. No matter from which social messaging app you are coming from to the Signal – Private Messenger. Find all of the necessary steps that you have to take to create a Signal Group and Signal group link on iPhone.
How To Create A Signal Group And Signal Group Link On iPhone
First of all, you have to set up your Signal account. Download the Signal app from App Play Store and install it. Now add your number to create an account and then set up your Signal profile. Once you completed these steps, now follow the given method to create a Signal Group and Signal group link on iPhone.
- Launce the Signal – Private Messenger app on your iPhone or iPad.
- The chat section will open by default.
- Tap on the compose option. That is at the top right corner of the screen.
- Here you will find an option labeled as “New Group.”
- Click on the New Group option for making a new group chat.
- Now select the members who you want to add to the group.
- Now tap on the Next button.
- Give your group a name and add a profile photo for the group.
- Now tap on the “Create” button.
Now you have successfully created a Group on the Signal app. Now the only thing left to do is to activate the Signal Group Link feature. This feature disabled by default, and every time you create a new group, you have to activate this feature if you want to use the Signal Group Link feature. Here is what you need to do.
- Tap on the Group name to access Group information.
- Scroll down a little bit and tap on “Group Link.”
- Use the toggle to activate the Group Link feature.
- A unique Signal Group Link will appear right under the Group Link option.
- Copy the link or use the share button to share the Group link with your friends.
This is how you can successfully activate the Group Link feature.
In the menu, from where you have activated the Group Link feature. There is an additional option labeled as “Member Request & Invite.” Using this feature, you can filter out people who want to join the group. This feature comes in handy when you are planning to create a public group. Easily accept the joining request of users who wants to join the group.
As of today, you can add a maximum of 150 members to a Signal Group. Which are 25 more members the what iMessage is offering. However, this comes short if you are comparing it with WhatsApp that offers 256 embers in a group.
If you need more assistance, you can comment down below regarding your issue, and we will get back to you ASAP.
Thanks for being a part of iOSFY viewers.