It’s never too easy to share large files via email. But for that purpose, you can always compress a file before trying to send it. As for users who want to store a huge amount of photos on their iOS device, they also need to keep the compressed files. So here, I’ve decided to provide a tutorial about How To Compress Photos on iPhone and iPad. You can easily get the job done by implying one of the drafted solutions.
2 Ways to Compress Photos on iPhone and iPad
Through Official Services
It’s always preferred by users to find a way to get the job done without installing any third-party app. That’s why Apple has added a new facility for iOS users to compress and decompress their files/folders with ease. If you want to learn how it can be done, read the following instructions:
- Navigate to the folder from where you want to compress files.
- Tap and hold on the file/folder you would like to compress.
- Now from the appearing menu, select Compress
- To compress multiple files, tap Select and then tap on the files that you would like to change
- If you want to decompress the compressed file/folder, just tap once on it.
Through a Third-Party App
By any chance, if the Apple services are not of any help to you, then you can also get an application from the App Store to complete this task. The Compress Photos & Pictures app lets you compress only image files. So first you need to get it from the Apple App Store and then perform the following steps:
- Hit the + icon from the app’s interface.
- Upload the image files that you would like to compress.
- Make compression choices depending upon your needs.
- When you are satisfied with the selections, tap on Compress X Photos
- After the successful completion, your image files will start to appear inside the media library.
- You can also decide whether you want to keep the original files or not.
That’s all, iOSFY appreciates your opinions on the published articles.