Are you a regular user of Podcast? Do you listen to podcasts on your iPhone or iPad? Do you download Podcasts for office listening sections? If yes! then your downloaded Podcasts will gradually take a lot of valuable storage space on your device. That is why in this article, I will explain the method to clear podcast storage to free up space on iPhone and iPad.
Apple’s podcast app is a home for almost One Million active podcasts. Listening to podcasts is one of the best way to keep yourself entertained while you are driving, jogging, or doing some house chores like cutting the lawn, etc. However, these podcasts can consume little by little space on your device.
Eventually, your device may respond to a low storage banner and notifications. Fortunately, there is a simple method that you can follow to clear podcast storage to free up space on iPhone and iPad. Simply follow the method explained below to empty up some storage space on your apple device.
How To Clear Podcast Storage To Free Up Space On iPhone & iPad
To clear the storage space occupied by the podcast app is fairly simple and you can easily delete all of the downloaded podcasts from the same place and at the same time. Here is what you need to do.
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll down a little bit and open the “General”.
- Now click on “iPhone Storage” or “iPad storage”.
- In this menu, look for “Podcast” and open it.
- The storage space taken by each app of your device will be shown on the right side of every app.
- Scroll down and you will find all of the downloaded Podcasts on your device.
- To delete downloaded Podcasts you have to click on the “edit” option.
- Now tap on the “-” icon shown on the left side of the podcast name.
- The delete button will appear.
- Click on it to remove or delete downloaded podcasts from your device.
This is all you need to know to delete podcasts from your device. These podcasts don’t consume a lot of storage space if you have only downloaded only a few episodes. However, if you are a regular user of podcasts and download them on your device. Then eventually your device will run out of storage space.
By default, Apple’s podcast app automatically downloads all of the new episodes of the podcast that you are listening to. However, you can disable this feature from the settings > Podcast. Furthermore, if your device is running on low storage space then the app will automatically delete Podcasts after 24 hours after they are played.
Also Read: How To Add Podcasts To Apple Watch.
If you need more assistance then you can comment down below regarding your issue and we will get back to you ASAP.
Thanks for being a part of iOSFY viewers.