In the latest iOS 14, there are many unique small and large features that we are unveiling every day. In this article, I will tell you about a way to “Check for leaked or compromised passwords on iPhone or iPad” Did you ever think if the password of any of your online accounts has been leaked or compromised in a data breach. Or a hacking attempt on any of the tech giant websites?
Now you can check for leaked or compromised passwords directly from your iPhone or iPad. This feature is added to the iOS 14 and iPad OS 14 or later versions. This feature is known as “Security Recommendation” the function of this feature is to provide security alerts for the passwords stored on the iCloud Keychain.
For Example => If more than one of your accounts shares the same password, uses a password that is easy to guess. Or a password that was leaked previously on the web. Moreover, the “Security Recommendation” feature will alert and prompt you to change the password of these accounts.
How To Check For Leaked Or Compromised Passwords On iPhone Or iPad
This feature is only available fr users you are running iOS or iPad OS 14 and later version. If your device is not running on the latest iOS version, then update your device. Check the iOS or iPad OS version of your device from the Settings > General > About. If you are running the latest iOS 14 or later, then follow this method.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll down a bit and tap on Passwords.
- Your device will ask for authentication Via Touch ID or Face ID.
- This verification is necessary for your privacy and security because this section contains data from the iCloud Keychain.
- Now tap on “Security Recommendation” shown under AutoFill Passwords.
- If your accounts are using a leaked password, weak password, or an easy to guess password.
- Those accounts will appear here under the “High Priority” option.
- Tap on the “account” to find all of the details.
- A security prompt will appear to change the compromised password.
- Tap on the “Change password on Website” to continue.
Using the Security Recommendation feature, you can easily make sure that all of your passwords are safe. And have not been compromised in a data breach or are weak. Furthermore, this minimizes the security risks of all of your online accounts, including all social accounts.
Wondering how this feature works? According to Apple official resources, we have found that “Safari uses strong cryptographic techniques to regularly check derivations of your passwords against a list of breached passwords in a secure and private way that doesn’t reveal your password information, even to Apple.”
If you need more assistance, you can comment down below regarding your issue, and we will get back to you ASAP.
Thanks for being a part of iOSFY viewers.