Drag and drop is the easiest way to transfer or upload any file while connected with another device. You can do the same the with iPhone using iTunes. Any file either a media file or some script you want to get on iPhone from a laptop, just drag the file and drop it on iTunes. And, you will see the file on your iPhone right after the installation.
This system is stable, I never faced such an issue before. Some iPhone users have a complaint about the Drag and Drop issue. According to them they are unable to shift the Ringtone with the Drag and Drop method while connected to iTunes on Laptop.
Well, this issue seems to be very minor. We are mentioning some tests and remedies, apply this one by one and your issue will get solved through starting, mid, or final solution.
Make sure the following things;
- USB cable that connected iPhone with laptop must be genuine and made by Apple.
- iTunes and iOS both must be of the latest version.
- USB and phone port must be working properly.
After assurity about the aforementioned aspects and proceed to the below guide.
How to Can’t Drag a Ringtone to iPhone With iTunes
(Alternative to Drag and Drop)
- Use the original USB cable to connect the iPhone to the computer.
- Launch iTunes or Finder, Select the iPhone.
- Locate and select the ringtone file in the file system (Mac or Windows), it should have a .m4r file extension, then choose to “Copy” it.
- Now return to iTunes or Finder, and under the “On My Device” section select “Tones”
- Now use “Paste” directly into the Tones section or press the Command+V, right-click.
- The ringtone should appear within the “Tones” section.
- Visit your iPhone Ringtone section and select the desired ringtone.
That’s all that you need to do. Not worries if drag and drop not working. Sometimes these minor issues arise as no machine is perfect. IF you own an electronic then repair and maintenance costs are included in the procession cost.