If you have got the latest Apple Silicon Mac with the latest M1 chipset. Then this article will provide you with some of the vital information that will help you in booting your Mac device in Recovery Mode. Boot Apple Silicon M1 Mac in Recovery Mode is a slightly different approach than Macs built on Intel processors.
If you are new to Mac OS or it’s your first time using an Apple Mac device. Then you should know that Apple Macs offers a Recovery Mode. This Recovery Mode may sometimes become necessary for various troubleshooting on your Mac device. Moreover, there are many uses of Recovery Mode on Mac.
Some of the important functions that you can perform with the Recovery Mode are Erasing of data, Factory Data Settings, Reinstalling Mac OS, Backup Data, Restore Backup Data, and more. Apple has switched to the M1 Silicon chipset instead of using the intel chipset on the latest Macs. The method of booting Mac in recovery mode has also changed.
If you are a Mac user for generations or if you recently have switched to Mac for Windows platform. You may want to learn the new method on how to boot Apple Silicon M1 in Recovery Mode. Here, I will provide you with all of the necessary steps that you can follow to boot your M1 Mac in recovery mode.
How to Boot Apple Silicon M1 Mac in Recovery Mode
If you are using an older Mac model with intel based process. Then you probably know that if you press the “Command + R” while your system is booting up. It will take you to the Mac OS Utility screen. However, this method will not work on the Latest Mac devices which are coming with Apple’s M1 chipset.
- If your Mac system is booted up then you will need to shut down your system.
- You can do this by pressing the Apple Logo on the Menu bar.
- Now select Shut Down to power off your device.
- Once your device is fully shut down then follow the next steps.
- Press and hold the Power Button/Touch ID Button.
- Don’t release the power button even if the Apple Logo appears.
- Once the “Loading Startup Option” appears, release the power button.
- Now the Startup Drive and Options will appear on the screen.
- Hover your mouse cursor over “Options” and click on Continue Button.
- Now, you will enter the Mac OS Utility screen.
- This is also known as Recovery Mode.
This is how you can Boot Apple Silicon M1 Mac in Recovery Mode. From here you can enter Disk Utility, Reinstalling Mac OS, Restore Data from Time Machine, Access the Terminal, and much more. Moreover, from this screen, you can select any troubleshooting steps that you need to take. Once you have selected the options click on the “Continue” button to go ahead with it.
How To Exit Recovery Mode
Once you are done with all of the troubleshooting, then you might be wondering about the procedure to exit Recovery Mode. Exiting the Recovery Mode is fairly a straightforward procedure. Here is what you need to do.
- Click on the Apple Logo located at the top-left corner of the screen, while you are at the utility screen.
- A drop-down menu will appear.
- In this menu, select Restart.
This is how you can easily exit Recovery mode on your Apple Silicon M1 Mac.
If you need more assistance, you can comment down below regarding your issue, and we will get back to you ASAP.
Thanks for being a part of iOSFY viewers.