In the latest IOS 14 update, you guys can now add widgets to iPhone home screen and this is one of the biggest changes in the IOS 14. Adding custom widgets to the home screen was quite popular in Android devices. But now you can also do it in your iPhone running on IOS 14 or Later.
The grid look of the iPhone home screen was first introduced with the first iPhone. Since then the same look was modernized with every IOS update till IOS 13.7. Now in IOS 14, you can change the looks of some screen by adding widgets in a refined way.
Now you can add widgets to iPhone home screen and also resize them according to your personal preferences. You can also add multiple widgets on top of each other. Just like the way we use to make a folder of application on the home screen.
Once you have placed multiple widgets at the same spot then you can swipe up on the widget to see the second widget at the same spot on the home screen. In my preference, you should place 4 to 5 widgets to easy access all of the widgets.
You can place those widgets in the back which are used by you – very little, but somewhat important. There are a lot of widgets from where you can select to add widgets. Whenever you download an application that supports widgets, more widgets will be added to the widget menu.
How To Add Widgets To iPhone Home Screen (6s and onward)
Accessing the widget menu is a lot easier than you may imagine. Just update your iPhone or iPad on IOS 14 or later and then follow these simple steps to add widgets to iPhone home screen.
- Unlock your device and open the home screen.
- Long-press anywhere on the home screen to enter jiggle mode.
- On the top-left corner of your device screen, you will see a “+” icon, Press it.
- This will open the Widgets gallery.
- You can either use the search bar or scroll down to look at all of the widgets.
- You can tap on the widget to access more options.
- Now you can customize the size of your widget.
- Here you can choose between 2×2, 2×4, and 4×4 grid styles for your widget.
- Select the one you prefer and tap on “Add Widget”.
- Now the widget is added to the home screen.
- You can also move the widget to any of the pages on your home screen.
- You can also place the widget on any spot on the home screen even in the middle.
- Once you’ve decided on the positioning of the widget, you can tap on “Done” to save the changes.
This is how you can add widgets to the iPhone or iPad home screen. If you need more assistance then you can comment down below regarding your issue and we will get back to you ASAP.
Thanks for being a part of iOSFY viewers.